OMG Sunday scramble.

Sunday morning arrives.  Hunger with it.  wut ta do.....

I found exactly 6 eggs from my weekly Canyon chicken lady delivery and decided after cup #2 of coffee that I needed a scramble.

Into the fridge and what do I find?

a quarter pound of bacon, leeks and some gorgeous brown, blue and green organic eggs from my neighbor's hens.


I crisped up the bacon in a sauté' pan and put it aside.

Then I chopped a pile of leeks and red onion in some of the left over bacon grease.

While the sweet onioness was happening, I whisked 6 eggs with some  uncultured (cretinous) buttermilk, pepper, 2 dashes of smoked Spanish paprika and one dash of curry powder and then poured this lovely mixture in with the onion and leeks, dumping in the reserved bacon (properly chopped into submission).

Four minutes of scrambling and nursing the egg mess into perfection, yielded yes, perfection.

A near perfect Sunday morning brekkies..

No pics cause it was gone too quickly.

note:  Crystal sauce is a welcome bonus for those of you who can appreciate the South.

Comments

Popular Posts