The lamb lays down on Broadway

One of my favorite albums by early Genesis when Phil Collins was sensible enough to stay behind his drum kit  and certainly my favorite food.  Yep I  freely admit that I like lamb in all its juicy, grilled to a crispyness, braised and stewed glory.

This afternoon, an early spring 66 degree and sunny day in March, I got the idea to plan multiple lamb meals when I saw the first of the Spring lamb arriving at the grocery store.

No lamb cubed for stew (lazy  butchers), so I bought a 4 lbs leg of lamb and knived it myself into 1" to 2" cubes and separated them for projects.

Tonight it would be grilled lamb kabobs with peppers and boiler onions.

1. laid out about half of the cubes and gave the a good cracking with pepper, a sprinkling of kosher salt, some garlic and a dusting of crushed fresh rosemary

2. Then I skewered them on my lawn dart sized kabob spears along with some yellow bells and mid-sized boiler onions (un-shucked)


The peppers and onions got a toss in some of my best olive oil then onto the BFG2000, heated up to full blast furnace level of  500-600 degrees.

Immediately they started sizzling and smoking and it didn't take long to get that perfectly seared yet pink/tender loveliness that is grilled lamb.  

Served with a quick sauce from stuff I always have laying around, I whipped up a fresh mint, garlic cloves, jalapeño, olive oil and rosemary dip. Man, oh man, sweet when hits the lips with a time release garlic and jalapeño kick in for the long haul with a flair. The onions popped out of their skins with a gentle squeeze and wet down like the adult candy that they are.  How can anyone not love onions?




Did I mention I love lamb?

Tomorrow night it's traditional Irish Lamb stew for the Kelly side of my DNA.


Comments

Popular Posts