Biilzo's sekrit (no longer) beef/lamb/pork rub

OMGOMGOMGOMG, I got my first recipe reviewed as an www.allrecipes.com Kitchen Approved Recipe.

allrecipes.com/personalrecipe/64272593/beef-and-lamb-dry-rub/detail.aspx

My  special BBQ dry rub -- which works on beef, lamb (best) and pork grilled meats.

I've worked on this one for about 2 years tweaking and fiddling and have it down cold to my taste.  Southwestern chile bite plus rich textures from the fennel, corriander, garlic  and dill. Finally a shot of citrus to twang the taste buds in a subtle manner.

Try this baby on ribs, shouders, leg of lamp, even smoking a salmon (double the citrus is my suggestion for fish).

This one item I keep a full spice jar in the cupboard during the summer months.


  • 4 tsp Ancho chili powder
  • 4 tsp Chipotle chili powder
  • 2 tsp Ground coriander
  • 1 tsp Cumin
  • 1 tsp Cinnamon
  • 1 tsp Dried fennel seed
  • 1 tsp finely minced garlic
  • 2 tsp Kosher salt
  • 2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
  • 1 tsp Dry mustard
  • 1 tsp Dill
  • 1/2 tsp Lime zest




Pro tip:  add some honey and high end Olive oil to make it a wet rub to slather over a lamb shoulder before grilling.   It then transforms in to Billzo's Miracle Mud.

Comments

Popular Posts