Pork chops that would cause Home Simpson to cry

Nothing like leftovers. I had a pint of luscious chicken gravy left over from the other night and hankering for a way to use it but I wasn't ready for another round of mashed potatoes just yet. 

I got inspired by the two 1-1/2 inch thick boned pork chops staring back at me at the butcher shop and decided to combine the two by sautéing the chop in butter, then baking them in the gravy. crisp and crackly on the outside and fall apart tender on the inside was my goal.

Add bonus points for some carrots and sautéed onions into the mix. 

The process: 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

First I seasoned the pork chops with garlic powder, cumin and pepper to taste. Then melted a couple tablespoons of butter in a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat. I Sautéed the pork chops in the butter for about 5 minutes per side till they were crispy and the kitchen was perfumed with eau de swine

Then set them aside to let them think about their place in the world.

Next came the onion and carrots plopped into the asme skillet in the pork grease till the onions are translucent and the carrots well coated and beginning to get tender.

I placed the pork chops in a 9x13 inch baking dish surrounded and covered by the onions and carrots and pour the gravy over the top of chops. Threw on some thyme sprigs cause nobody told me I couldn't.



Baked those babies at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes and made myself an Italian soda while waiting.

Served hot with some cut up chives and a fresh green romaine, celery, green onion and orange bell pepper salad = Damn, best pork chops ever. Homer Simpson would go crazy for these.


Comments

Popular Posts